Halcyon's Explorer wing is still made from the most rugged materials available for a buoyancy compensator. As an innovator in the industry, Halcyon has made their legendary wings even stronger by constructing the inner bladder from the same 1000 denier Cordura material used on the outer bag, laminated with a durable urethane coating.
- Heavy-duty zipper has a three-inch wide strip of rubber to prevent zipper chaff on the inner bladder
- Two-inch webbing-reinforced backbone construction
- "Trap-door" drainage system allows water to drain rapidly from the outer cover to minimize excess weight and diver effort reboarding the dive boat
- Inflator elbow strain relief constructed from two-inch nylon webbing minimizes wear on this connection
- New for 2001: narrower, elongated construction improves streamlining and trim
- Relocated corrugated hose eliminates stress from impact with tank